31 Oct Year One & Done!
Today is the end of CivTechSA’s Year One! Who can believe it??
It’s almost shocking to think we started this program only last year. As we’ve built out this program, we’ve seen staggering engagement and innovative ideas come from our talented communities.
Our mission is to connect students, entrepreneurs, and startups with the City of San Antonio to solve community challenges and develop tech talent in San Antonio.
You better believe we have!
This Program has taken off like a rocket ship as we’ve tapped into local talent pools and communities to get their insight on how to build a city of problem solvers.
Year 1 Successes
It’s seems impossible to tally up all of year’s activities, partners, Civic Challenges, etc.—and this isn’t nearly all that we’ve done, but here are some highlights:
- SA Works Career Day & Semester Project: Brackenridge HS & Southwest HS
- Launched 2018 Residency Program: Kinetech Cloud & Reckon Point
- Fiesta Tech Trek
- InnoTech Conference
- Trinity’s Stumberg Venture Competition
- College Ideathon Competition: CivTeachSA
- Codeup’s Spring Demo Day: Pawtify
- St. Mary’s High School Summer Boot Camp
- Civic Tech Startup Weekend with Youth Code Jam & Techstars: Urban Paws
- 2018 Residency Demo Day
- College Ideathon Internship with the City
- LSA’s Civic Engagement Quick Pitch Workshop
- 2018 SmartSA Datathon Competition: Cool Connect
- SA Startup Week
A humongous thank you to everyone who made all of this possible. Hopefully, we didn’t leave anyone out:
- City of San Antonio
- SmartSA: CPS Energy, VIA, SAWS, SARA
- Innov8 Place
- Sammis Ochoa
- St. Mary’s University
- Texas A&M
- Alamo Colleges District
- SA Works
- Leadership SA (LSA)
- CivTechSA Mentors
- Geekdom Mentors
- Scaleworks: Keen & Assembla
- Amazon Web Services
- Rackspace Open Cloud Academy
- Ace Graphics
- Dave Sims Media
- Startup Weekend Sponsors