29 Jan Residency Application Deadline Approaches
Last Wednesday, we had an awesome turnout as entrepreneurs, students, and startups came out to the Geekdom co-working space to ask City of San Antonio departments questions about the CivTechSA Civic Challenges and the 2018 Residency Program.
Several startups and entrepreneurs stepped forward to ask many of the departments about the requirements, the financial expectations of the Residency, and the overall expectations the staff has in terms of collaboration with startups. You can view the Public Q&A discussion here: http://bit.ly/2DK8CXq
February is coming at us like a freight train, and applicants need to be mindful of the approaching deadline, which is February 12th. It should be noted that, in addition to a weighted request for proposal (RFP) application, the City departments are looking at outcome-focused successes dependent upon each Challenge and startup that gets selected. CivTechSA, Geekdom, and the City want to encourage all entrepreneurs and startups to apply for the Residency in order to raise awareness and visibility of their work.
Now is the time to showcase your abilities in front of a captive and eager audience of decision makers and community influencers. If you have questions about whether the 2018 Residency is a good fit for you and/or your startup, connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’d also like to thank the attending departments and staff members for taking the time to share their needs and perspectives with potential applicants, and to Kate Mason, Innovation Manager of the
Office of Innovation, for moderating the Q&A:
- Heber Lefgren, Animal Care Services, Director
- Nick Galus, Solid Waste Management Department, Assistant Director
- Michael Sindon, Economic Development Department, Assistant Director
- John Jacks, Center City Development and Operations, Director
- Edward Gonzales, Department of Human Services Assistant, Director
- Syed Mehdi, Aviation Department, Chief Strategy & Development Officer
- Patricia Muzquiz Cantor, Convention and Sports Facilities, Assistant Director